Looking Forward - Bridge Of Spies (2015)




I am a woman who still lives alongside her childhood. My movie diet as a nipper contained huge portions of E.T, Jaws and Indiana Jones so as a result I tend to eat up anything Steven Spielberg can throw at me. The trailer for his latest thrill ride Bridge of Spies hit the web this week and I bit.

Being a fact based drama like his last movie Lincoln I am expecting grit, uncertainty and a historical roller coaster. Judging by the sneak peek I just viewed I don't think I am going to be
disappointed as Spielberg's visions collide with the writing talent of Ethan and Joel Coen. The trailer which is just over 2 minutes long looks amazing and wets the appetite for what I'm sure will be a major smash upon it's UK release in October.

For those of you who don't know Spielberg is working with Tom Hanks (Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal) again. This time Hanks plays James Donovan, a Brooklyn lawyer, who is in charge of negotiating the exchange of a captured US spy plane pilot for an undercover Soviet agent during the Cold war. The movie, which is based on real life events, has a beautiful film noiresque feel to it and sees Hank stepping into another role that demands firmness, determination and probably a hell of a lot of dialogue.

You can see the trailer HERE so let me know what you think?

0 lovely comments:

Post a Comment